Hospitality refers to the pattern the way we treat our guest. As said in ancient times and been practiced everywhere in India that GUEST IS GOD or athithi devo bhava. Through our module we tried to impart the best possible knowledge showing ultimate integration between Tourism and Hospitality sector. Our module started with initial tourism industry introduction and thereafter moving ahead with core hospitality sector showing technical know-hows of major departments of hotel industry, which are as follows:
- Introduction to Front office operations specifying their sub departments and hierarchy followed with regards skills set required for front office.
- Front office Property management software ( Fidelio & Opera).
- Introduction to Hotel Housekeeping department and their day to day proceedings such as room cleaning, bed making & laundry operations.
- Introduction to Food & Beverage service department focusing on restaurant operations and career prospects.
- F&B service practical sessions on table layout, service procedures and special equipment’s.
So, with the help of all above stated proceedings we tried to show the inculcation of hospitality element in both hotel and tourism industry that makes it a common link for customer delightment. And of course aviation industry is not isolated from the same. In view of this we have covered all possible skills required by cabin crew during in-flight operations.
We are sure that after going through the Hospitality module the students will get a crystal clear picture of:
- Functioning of Hospitality Industry.
- Careers opportunities in Hospitality Sector.
- Integration of Hospitality, Tourism & Aviation Industry.
- Skill set required to excel in Hospitality Sector.
- Growth prospects of Hospitality Industry.